1. The information we collect and keep that you willingly provide to us is as identified on the application form to join the Institute.
2. We will never take your privacy for granted and always take the utmost care in protecting your personal information as best we can.
3. You should realise that while we will take every precaution to securely store and protect your digital and written records, we are unable to absolutely guarantee that we will never be hacked beyond our reasonable control.
4. We advise you to ensure that sensitive material should not be added to your online application and records.
Why do we collect personal information?1. We collect your personal information as identified on the application form so that the council of the Institute can:
1.1 Identify you and conduct appropriate checks as identified on the application form to ensure that you fulfil the requirements for membership of the Institute.
1.2. Ensure that you understand the conditions for membership.
1.3. Manage the registration processes.
1.4. As a member you will have password protected access to your own records to ensure it is correct and kept up-to-date by you.
What happens if you don’t give us your personal career information as requested on the application?
1. If we ask for your personal information and you do not give it to us, we may not be able to provide you with membership.
How we use your personal information?
1. Excepting your name, registration number, city in which you registered, your rank and current membership status, (which will become public knowledge).
2. Any other information (other than required by law), will not be given to a third party.
3. We will never give, or sell your information to anyone or use your information for any other purpose other than to establish your eligibility for membership of the Institute.
The Australian Institute of Technical Chefs has used reasonable endeavors to ensure that material contained on this website was correct at the time the relevant page was created, modified and published.
However please note:
Australian Institute of Technical Chefs gives no warranty and accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or the completeness of the material.
No reliance should be made by any user on the material, and instead the user should personally check for confirmation with the authorized council member. The Australian Institute of Technical Chefs reserves the right at any time to make changes as it deems appropriate.
The Australian Institute of Technical Chefs provides external links as a service to users of its website. In providing an external link, the Institute does not accept responsibility for or endorse the content or condition of any linked site.
About us: The Australian Institute of TechnicalChefs was founded in Victoria in 2015 by a group of chefs to offer a platform for commercial chefs to publically register their legitimate status to demonstrate they are professionals, as against the many amateurs who call themselves chefs. The first meeting convened by George Hill who brought together a group of commercial chefs on 15th September in Melbourne, Victoria.The content on this website is provided for general information purposes and may not take into account detail that could be significant in the many facets required in a chef’s career. Technicalchef is an attempt to qualify and acknowledge people who believe they are a chef and operate at the professional level in the industry.
However the institute relies on each individual statement of their development and training and experience. AITC Membership alone should not be totally relied upon and is not a substitute for evaluating a chef’s suitability for a given occupational responsibility.