AITC Management Manual | Job Descriptions Version 7_26/08/19
The position descriptions below identifies the basis of the role and responsibilities of a council member, notwithstanding all council members are expected to evolve their responsibilities to fit the aims and objectives of AITC to continue to emerge as a professional a registration board.
TITLE/POSITION: PAST PRESIDENT – REPORTING TO: Council at meetings and members at AGM
Description: The past president term is for one year and is as an advisory/hand over role to the incoming president and council members.
Provide thought provoking directions that assist the association develop, provide a major leadership role in the management of the Institute. ‐ The outgoing President (Vice President ‐ President Emeritus) is expected to automatically accepting the position of vice president with the mission to advise and support the incoming President aimed to encourage continuity in the association.
* Provide advice and leadership to the incoming president and council members
* Assist the President to lead the development of the Institute
* In the absence of the President or Senior Vice President represent the Institute
* In the absence of the President consult with Senior Vice President on issues to be dealt with and/or chairing meetings
* Make formal introductions for new personal to relevant committees, organisations, associations etc
* Prepare and present information to meeting as needed
* Preferably good industry network
* Computer competent
* Ability to network at all levels in the Hospitality and Tourism industry and community
* In the absence of the President take the role and duties of the President o Provide a written /digital report for secretary for each Council meeting
* Provide a verbal report to Council at every Council meeting
* Policies/procedures/processes responsible for:
* Constitution and By‐Laws