This statement explains how we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information and who we share it with.
1. The information we collect and keep that you willing provide to us is as identified on the application form to join the association.
2. We will never take your privacy for granted and always take the utmost care in protecting your personal information.
3. You should realise that while we will take every precaution to securely store and protect your digital and written records, we are unable to absolutely guarantee that we will never be hacked beyond our reasonable control. We advise you to ensure that sensitive material should not be added to your online application and records.
Why do we collect personal information?
1. We collect your personal information as identified on the application form so that the council of the Institute can:
1.1 Identify you and conduct appropriate checks as identified on the application form to ensure that you fulfil the requirements for membership of the Institute
1.2. Ensure that you understand the conditions for membership
1.3. Manage the registration processes
1.4. As a member you will have password protected access to your own records to ensure it is correct and kept up to date by you.
What happens if you don’t give us your personal information?
1. If we ask for your personal information and you do not give it to us, we may not be able to provide you with membership
How we use your personal information?
1. Excepting your name, registration number, city in which you registered, your rank and current membership status, which will become public knowledge. Unless you give us permission to add your content in the AITC handbook.