Application to join the Australian Institute of TechnicalChefs
This application is very detailed . Before you start, collect the following information:
To view the online application form you need to first register with the Institute as a user.
If you do not wish to complete the online application and alternatively wish to receive a hard copy of the form. please email: George for an application form firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cannot see the application form after registration, logout and RE – login with your user name and password.
After registeration with the Institute you will view the online application form here.
- Grounds for refusal of A.I.T.C membership
– Insufficient evidence of skills, fitness, culinary knowledge, or experience required for membership.
– Evidence of historical behaviour that are contrary to the Australian Culinary Codes of Practices.
– Evidence of unlawful/antisocial political, gender, race, or religious bias or discriminatory practices, that may bring the Institute into disrepute.
– Evidence that indicates the potential to use A.I.T.C membership to promote, recruit, or organise any group, political, antisocial or otherwise.
- Membership cannot be finalised or confirmed without a recent photo of the applicant
– A photo of the applicant to be sent with the application is required for the certificate of membership, institute records and website register.
– To reflect standards and consistency please note the dress code for member photo.
– The photo is a head and shoulder image similar to a passport photo
– Where the applicant current job is predominantly working as a chef in a kitchen, we prefer the applicant to be in traditional cook’s uniform with either a white toque or white cap.
– If the applicant current job predominantly is outside the commercial kitchen we prefer the applicant to be in a suit.
- We recommend that you print and keep a copy of your application.
- If you have not heard from registration within seven days, please contact George Hill 03 9735 0880 or email Registrar.
Alternative methods of application:
- Request application by email – email@example.com with First / Last Name – Contact Telephone Number – Current industry position in your email.
- Download Application – PDF – Save, print and complete the hard copy and return by post with documents. Download Application – PDF
- Download Application – Word – Open, complete on computer and save – Email return with copies of documents. Download Application – Word
A TechnicalChef is an industry driven independent confirmation of the ability of a person to practice as a trained and experienced comprehensive and mobile professional chef in a commercial kitchen across multiple stations.
The approval process is based on evidence of individual skills, experience and fitness as a commercial chef irrespective of their ethnic foundation training. TechnicalChef does not imply to have any legal standing for any other purpose.